Thursday, February 17, 2011

harvested today

We had a goat and lamb harvest today. I was quite pleased with the sizes, most lambs broke the 60 lb barrier which is what I'm shooting for in the hair sheep. You might wonder why I farm such small lambs, when wool breeds easily get 80 lbs or more? Well, some people really dont like that strong lamb/lanolin flavor, and my hair sheep don't have it. So most of my lamb customers can't believe the mild and delicious flavor and they come back for more.

Sorry for the squeamish about this pic, but this is how a stress-free lamb graduation ceremony looks when its done on farm. They get to meet their maker with a minimum of fear.



Here's a pic of Nate the other day doing one of his favorite things. I'm looking forward to the help of this farm hand:



for now though, this is pretty good Nate and Daddy time:

No comments:

Post a Comment